banner

banner

Monday 16 July 2012

Superten to go!

So since getting back into the sport of Airgun shooting I purchased a second hand very well looked after BSA Superten MK3 BBK in my preferred calibre of .22.



The rifle was fantastic and per my posts on this very blog it proved to be a very accurate piece of kit. But there in lay the problem, it was boringly accurate. I used the rifle for many months and couldn't fault it at all. In my opinion  probably the best PCP air rifle there ever was. I grew up in the early 90's in my teens and that's when I got into using air rifles to plink and to hunt. In those days the only real viable tool for the job was a spring piston air rifle. With those comes fun and excitement, even more common, frustration! It was all about mastering the hold technique to operate and shoot the rifle accurately but with all the frustration came the most amazing enjoyment and excitement when the pellet struck the mark and where I intended it to hit.

I had a decision to make and a big one at that. Do I continue to use the superten and gradually lose enjoyment with the sport as was already happening or do I take the plunge, be brave and sell the superten using the money which is tight in today's economic times to secure a top class spring piston Air rifle again and go back to basics.

Now I had owned several spring piston rifles in the past and wondered what would suit me best or give me the best enjoyment and be used for years to come hopefully. Two of my shooting partners have TX200's made by Air Arms and I had also owned one of these in the past. Lovely rifles and very accurate to boot but to much on the heavy side for my liking. One of my permissions is 140 acres of down and up hill walking doesn't do my arms and back much good carrying the weight of the TX200. So what else could I go for?

I started looking back to my early teens and what rifles I used and owned back then. I realised the most fun I ever had was with the BSA Supersport, a simple and accurate break barrel that didn't weigh the earth and was also very accurate provided I did my part. Now don't get me wrong, I know BSA still make the supersport but decided if im selling one of the best PCP rifles ever made to fund this venture then I wanted something a little special to keep and cherish. I read lots of reviews for break barrel rifles and watched many videos when it suddenly dawned on me that the gun I may be looking for was the Weihrauch HW95K in .22

The excitement inside me grew and day after day I scoured the internet consuming as much content on the rifle as I could until I think there was nothing left to read on the whole of the internet. Time to visit my local dealer then and shoulder one to see if it fits me and feels right.

Saturday 16th June 2012

I travelled into town and went to see my chosen rifle. There she was, sat on the shelf. A quick chat with the shop owner and I was shouldering the rifle, it felt just right, like it was built for me. I smiled and thought to my self "dont get carried away, shop around and see what deal you can get, hang on you haven't even sold your old rifle yet, how am I paying for this".

So I left the shop and placed my rifle on the for sale section of a forum I frequent, within a few hours my inbox was filling with offers for the rifle. Within a few days my rifle had been collected and I was now in the position to start shopping.

Now call it fate or just good timing but somebody I know through the very forum I sold my rifle on posted a video he had taken of his journey to Sandwell Field Sports in the Midlands. The purpose of the video was to purchase a new springer and show the work that SFS do when you request a tune up on the rifle. I was so impressed by this video and the work carried out by Tony at SFS that I knew my rifle and scope package along with a tune had to come from SFS.



I picked up the phone and called Tony and placed my order. Tony then said "There will be a 3 to 4 week wait for this rifle due to the tune and the fact we are really busy at the moment". My heart sank but I remained upbeat and knew the next 3 to 4 weeks would be the longest 3 to 4 weeks of my airgunning life so far.

Time to wait and scour the internet trying to find more content relating to my new purchase. 

Link to VerminHunterstv YouTube channel, please rate and subscribe, a fantastic channel for the sport showing top class marksman enjoying the sport. 
     

1 comment:

  1. "Indopk Agen Poker Online Domino qq dan Bandar Ceme Terpercaya
    >> Link Daftar : indopk

    Mainkan Gamenya Hanya dengan 1 USER ID saja:
    - POKER, CEME, DOMINO 99, BANDAR CEME, CAPSA SUSUN, OMAHA, SUPER TEN

    Hanya dengan Minimal Deposit 10 ribu anda sudah bisa bermain dan menikmati Berbagai Bonus Menarik Dari indopk

    <> Event Lomba Turn Over Bulanan ( Total Hadiah Hingga Ratusan Juta Rupiah )
    <> Bonus Deposit 5.000 Setiap Hari ( Minimal Deposit 100.000 )
    <> Bonus New Member 10% ( Minimal Deposit 25.000 )
    <> Bonus Rollingan 0.5% (Setiap Rabu )
    <> Bonus Referral 20% (Seumur Hidup )
    <> Bonus Jackpot Jutaaan Rupiah Disetiap Hari nya

    Kontak Kami:
    ::- WEB : indopk
    ::- WA : +855964261332
    ::- LINE : indo.pk
    ::- Layanan Live Chat 24JAM ONLINE"








    ReplyDelete